Joining Project

Developer
Oct 30, 2007 at 7:57 PM
So I was thinking of helping out... but how do I join the project?

Rich
Developer
Dec 16, 2007 at 7:39 PM
I'm a C# programmer at home. I've now translated it to Dutch and i'm now busy with a form that you can select worlds.
Developer
Feb 24, 2008 at 6:47 PM
I just finished developing a lot of his same functionality in Vb and then found this seriously, minutes after I finished. :P I code in both Vb & C# (using Visual Studio 2008 and the Framework 3.5 at the moment). If you guys need help, contact me.
Sep 2, 2008 at 10:55 PM
I have made a bunch of diffrent versions similar to tw++, both windows based and web based.

The diffrent versions I have created

Map program - Instead of loading the entire world data you had to add players one by one and I screenscrapped the village information about then and added them to the map... hey! It was my first attempt ok :p
Planning program - Continued development of the mapping program so that I could plan high precision attacks. Battle tested. 12 attacks from 8 villages on 3 villages (empty since the player was quitting TW) where the max number of nobles sent from one village was 2 and these was sent against diffrent target villages, all in the name of trying it out. All attacks landed within 5 seconds on all three villages.
Networked planning program - Planning on your own is one thing... planning as a tribe... now that is something else... this one failed miserably since it worked great when I used it on my own, but it crashed as soon as anyone from the outside joined :(... my networking skills is a bit rusty :p I am thinking about creating a second version of this using MCF (Microsoft Communication Foundation).
Planning website - This was created so that me and my tribe could plan bigger high precision attacks. This version have been battle tested once and it worked great. Five players managed to capture 8 villages in under a minute.

I made this using Visual C# 2008 Express, Visual Web Developer 2008 Express and SQL Server 2005 Express.

So what I am saying is... I think I might be of some use :p

//Kobo